Touring Europe with a Guide or Group
For both of our trips to Europe, we decided to travel on our own. Those decisions were based on our plans to live cheap and travel fast. A car gave us independence and the freedom to get to spots that were off the beaten path or to places on the beaten paths before the crowds arrived. But if you are a single traveler or not ready to take off on your own in a foreign country, there are many businesses that show tourist all that Europe has to offer.
Because we haven't used the services of tour guides, these links are to companies that advertise their services on the Internet. I can not offer any opinion about the way the company serves its clients so I encourage you to contact more than one company before you book your tour.
- 103 Connection shows you all wonderful sights that Italy has to offer
- ACIS arranges travel experiences for teachers and students with a belief that "travel changes lives"
- Admo-Toursputs you on a motorcycle to experience the beauty of the Alps and Dolomites
- The Backpack Tour Company provides "low-cost" tours throughout the United Kingdom and Europe
- Backroads provides biking, walking and multisport vacations that "showcase the region's most breathtaking scenery"
- Beaches Motorcycle Association guides adventurous tourists through the Alps, Italy and Norway on powerful motorcyles
- Go Ahead Vacations guides travelers through the most popular cities of Europe
- The popular PBS travel guide, Rick Steeves takes small groups to his favorite places in Europe
- VBT promises deluxe bike tours that include fine cuisine and lodging at elegant small inns and historic properties
- Wildcat Adventures organizes bike tours through Scotland and Europe that are guided by retired professionals.